Effective Date: April 10, 2019
Any capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as defined in the NEXTLINK INTERNET Master Service Agreement.
Your California Privacy Rights
- For all requests, include Subscriber’s full name, street address, city, state and zip code.
- In an email request, Subscriber must state “Re: Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and send Subscriber email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In a postal request, Subscriber must send a letter or postcard to:
95 Parker Oaks Lane
Hudson Oaks, Texas 76087
Attention: Your California Privacy Rights
I. INFORMATION NEXTLINK COLLECTS
A. Information You Provide
NEXTLINK INTERNET (which hereinafter includes Operational Service Providers, unless designated otherwise) collects information when you visit the Site, communicate with the Company in any manner, and when you establish an online account, register to use the Services, “LIKE” or use our social networking pages such as Facebook. This includes information you provide such as name, billing and service address, email address, telephone or mobile number, date of birth, gender, driver’s license number, Social Security Number, and payment information and related financial information, including account number, CVV, expiration date, and billing address.
Personal Information also includes customer proprietary network information (“CPNI”) which is collected and used to provide VoIP Services to you. CPNI includes any information that relates to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of our voice services, such as call detail, logs, and specifics regarding your account. A Subscriber’s name, address and telephone number are not CPNI.
B. Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you visit, interact with, or use NEXTLINK INTERNET’s Site or Services, NEXTLINK INTERNET may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects (such as Flash cookies), HTML5 cookies, or other technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information about your online activity.
NEXTLINK INTERNET may also collect Non-Personal information on an anonymous basis, which is not unique to a Subscriber and cannot be used individually to identify a specific person, such as zip code, age, gender, preferences, interests, and favorites. However, demographic and other information that is linked to or associated with a Subscriber’s Personal Information or Account is also deemed to be Personal Information.
Information about your computer hardware and software also may be automatically collected by NEXTLINK INTERNET. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses, browser and search history. This information is used by NEXTLINK INTERNET for the operation of the Services, to maintain quality of the Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the NEXTLINK INTERNET Site and Services. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose Personal Information through NEXTLINK INTERNET’s public message boards or other public areas, this information may be collected and used by others.
IP address and other persistent device identifiers such as cookies, plus the nature of any of user devices or other personal property using the Site and Services, and web-browsing or app usage history are traditionally classified as Non-Personal Information but could be classified as Personal Information when such information is either 1) linked to a specific person, computer or device; 2) is combined with other Personal Information; 3) is required by applicable law to be classified as Personal Information.
- Site Visits. NEXTLINK INTERNET may collect information about your visit to the Site, including the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to the Services, and other sites that you may visit.
- Service and Device Information. NEXTLINK INTERNET may collect information regarding websites visited, application and feature usage, network and device data, router connections, IP addresses or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Site and Services, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site and Services.
II. INFORMATION USE
NEXTLINK INTERNET uses the information it collects to: deliver, maintain, and repair the Site and Services; establish, monitor and maintain account and billing records; measure credit and payment risk; provide account-related services; assist with service-related issues or questions; manage and protect the NEXTLINK INTERNET Network, Services, Subscribers and other users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; improve and personalize our Site and Services, research and develop new products and services; determine your eligibility for new products and services; use in the aggregate for analytical and demographic purposes; deliver first-party marketing offers to you that are among the categories of Service to which you already subscribe and other communications-related services; and for other purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
III. INFORMATION NEXTLINK SHARES WITH OTHERS
NEXTLINK INTERNET may share your information with the following entities and reasons:
1) Affiliates, agents, Operational Service Providers, providing communications-related and security services for business, operational, promotional and first-party marketing purposes;
2) Law enforcement or government entities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other regulatory or legal process (including civil and criminal) or as otherwise required by law;
3) In order to investigate, prevent, or take enforcement action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations involving potential threats or harm to any person (including Subscribers), the NEXTLINK INTERNET Network, Site, or other Company assets, or in cases where we believe our Master Service Agreement has been/is being violated; and
4) In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or part of NEXTLINK INTERNET’s business, assets or membership unour.
NEXTLINK INTERNET does not sell or lease our Subscriber Personal Information to third parties for their advertising and marketing purposes without your consent. We also request that our Operational Service Providers not sell or lease any Subscriber Personal Information for their own marketing or advertising purposes.
IV. YOUR CHOICES
A. Cookies and Ad Choices
Certain parts of NEXTLINK INTERNET’s Site require cookies. You may adjust your equipment or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features of the Service or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your equipment’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your equipment or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
NEXTLINK INTERNET does not provide third-party “Network Advertising,” which is advertising based on Subscriber’s overall Internet usage across different third party websites or online services. Multiple third party websites and online services are involved in this tailored or personalized advertising process, in essence, a “network” of advertising providers.
Because NEXTLINK INTERNET does not provide network ads, NEXTLINK INTERNET does not recognize the “Do Not Track” settings on various Internet browsers. NEXTLINK INTERNET does not engage or allow third parties to track you across the Internet and across time for advertising purposes.
B. Marketing Communications
NEXTLINK INTERNET provides Subscribers with the opportunity to update their Personal Information or opt-out of the use of Personal Information for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, delivery or troubleshooting NEXTLINK INTERNET’s Site and Services. NEXTLINK INTERNET only conducts first-party marketing, which means that we will use your Personal Information to market our own Services. To opt-out of NEXTLINK INTERNET’s own marketing communications, you may:
• Send us an e-mail at email@example.com;
• Contact us by mail at the address below in the “Contact Us” section, or
• Unsubscribe from email or text communications at any time by unsubscribing or following the instructions contained within the email or text messages.
We may use a Subscriber’s CPNI for marketing of NEXTLINK INTERNET products and Services that a Subscriber has already purchased. We will obtain a Subscriber’s consent to market unrelated products and services.
C. Updating Your Information
If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your Personal Information, you may visit the “Account Page” on the Site to sign into your account, or otherwise contact NEXTLINK INTERNET at the address or e-mail in the “Contact Us” section below. If you choose to deactivate your account, NEXTLINK INTERNET may still retain certain information for analytical purposes, recordkeeping integrity and requirements, as well as to prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce our Master Service Agreement or other policies, take actions it deems necessary due to technical and legal requirements, and as dictated by constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of the Site and Services.
V. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
NEXTLINK INTERNET does not request nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of thirteen. If NEXTLINK INTERNET learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided Personal Information to our Site or Services, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
VI. DATA SECURITY
NEXTLINK INTERNET has taken certain reasonable physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information it collects from and about Subscribers and visitors. While NEXTLINK INTERNET makes every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of the NEXTLINK INTERNET Network and systems, it cannot guarantee 100% security.
VIII. HOW TO CONTACT US
Attn: Privacy Administrator
95 Parker Oaks lane,
Hudson Oaks, Texas 76087
©Copyright 2019 – AMG Technology Investment Group, LLC d/b/a NextLink Internet – All Rights Reserved